Global News

December 8, 2012

Talking about "it"

Kristi Sakai

As the experts recommend, I’ve kept an age-appropriate ongoing dialogue with my children about their bodies and sex since they were very young. Plus, we live on a farm (imagine my pride when I was informed my son had drawn a picture of where eggs come from, including details that involved a hen and a rooster ... Need I say more?)

I thought I was a pretty hip mom until confronted with a son going through puberty when I suddenly began blushing and stammering. My husband, Aspergery soul that he is, wasn’t much help despite my pleas for him to “Have a talk with your son” (heavy on the YOUR in the hopes this would inspire him to take on this responsibility). His response was, “He’ll figure it out.” “Well, yeah!” I lamented, “That’s what I’m afraid of!”

Read more >

No comments:

Post a Comment